Oxfam says wealth of richest 1% equal to other 99%

Source: The BBC, Oxfam, CreditSuisse

A BBC article has claimed within it that ”The richest 1% now has as much wealth as the rest of the world combined, according to Oxfam.”

”It uses data from Credit Suisse from October for the report, which urges leaders meeting in Davos this week to take action on inequality.”

The BBC continue to say ”Oxfam also calculated that the richest 62 people in the world had as much wealth as the poorest half of the global population.”

”It criticised the work of lobbyists and the amount of money kept in tax havens.”

”Oxfam predicted that the 1% would overtake the rest of the world this time last year.”

What’s your view of this?

Is Oxfam correct to state that the richest 1% are equal to the other 99%? Is this fair the the richest 1% are equal to the other 99%? What should be done to make society fairer with wealth equality when it comes to these stats?

Comment Below your view

 

Advertisements

One thought on “Oxfam says wealth of richest 1% equal to other 99%

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s